Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hot Stuff for our Men!

I don't know about you guys, but today has been H.O.T. and I'm tired of it!  I know, for all you Vancouverites, you're thinking I'm crazy since it's been raining for the past week, and has only been hot Today, but still, I'm not a happy girl!  However, the weather is in keeping with our theme this month, and I'm back to Copper!  I decided to design a Card for a Man's birthday, and I just love this perfectly Canadian Moose Stencil (LG 715).
I heated the copper again with my Creme Brullee torch, embossed the copper with the stencil, and then using my Stylus and Paper Stomp, pushed out every area, (from the back) in the body to make him more lifelike.

I also added a haphazard border with my pounce wheel, and matted him onto cardstock, then attached him to the card.

Because the Copper is so beautiful, I don't like to embellish too much and take away from the stencil.  Stenciling Copper is BY FAR my favorite technique for making Man Cards!

Now don't forget to post your creations to Dream it Up! as there are only a few days left in the month and remember you could win a Brand New, Newly Designed, Not Released yet Stencil!  have I gotten you excited to win yet!

Hope so!

And with that,
Stencil til you sweat, 
Heat copper til your hyper
and don't give up on the men in your life, the right card, and they'll understand why you are so hooked to this craft!  (Trust me, Andrew LOVES making Copper Cards now too!)

4 comments:

  1. Every element comes together perfectly to complete this card. I definitely have to practice more on my metal technique . . . yours is too good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use metal on a card for men...love the copper too. I haven't been able to get any for the longest time. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love copper, and I tend to use it frequently for men as well. This is a fabulous card, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great masculine card...very creative, and very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete